Lemon Chicken With Walnuts
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 breasts pounded thin
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp nut flour
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
2 carrots, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 zucchini, very thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, very thinly sliced
Chopped fresh parsley
1. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Add
walnuts. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Remove walnuts with slotted spoon -
2. Lightly coat breasts in flour. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to skillet.
Heat oil over medium high heat. Add breasts, onion, garlic. Cook 5
minutes or until breasts brown, turning breasts and stirring
3. Add wine and carrots, lemon juice and thyme. Cover, lower heat and
simmer 8 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and squash, cover and simmer 2 minutes or until crisp
tender and breast are no longer pink in center
5. Remove breasts and vegetables
6. Heat sauce until thickened. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
Top with reserved walnuts and parsley.