Lentil Casserole with Sesame Seeds
l Cup green lentils, soaked overnight (discard water)
l large or 2 medium onions, finely chopper
2 garlic cloves, minced
l med. carrot, grated
l stick finely chopped celery
2 T finely chopped fresh parsley
l T SCD homemade tomato sauce
l/4 t cinnamon
Salt, pepper, paprika to taste, oil.
3/4 C sesame seeds lightly toasted,
l/3 C water
1 garlic clove
juice of l lemon
l/2 t salt.
2 T chopped allmonds ( or pine nut) lightly toasted in oil.
l. Cook lentils until soft & mushy (about l hr)
2. Saute onion, garlic, carrot, celery, until onion golden brown & carrot softens..
3. Combine lentils with onion mixture, adding remaining ingredients at same time, mixing well.
4. Spoon mixture into greased small ( l qt) casserole. Oven 375.
5.Make topping: process sesame seeds, water, garlic, lemon juice and salt in food processor.
6. Pour this evenly over the top of the lentil mixture already in the casserole..
7. Sprinkle pine nut or allmonds over sesame mixture.
8. Bake 30-40 mins or until the mixture is cooked through and the topping has begun to brown.
( I use almonds instead of sesame because I cannot eat seeds as yet. Taste just as good)