Savory Casserole (Lentils)
1 C lentils, soaked overnight (discard the water)
2 l/2 C water or homemade veg stock
2 medium onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
l med carrot, shredded
2 T oil
l C mushrooms, chopped
1 T homemade SCD tomato sauce
l T chopped fresh parsley
2 T nut flour
Salt, pepper, chili powder, [See pages 77 and 114 in Lucy's Cook Book about chilie powder] or cayenne pepper (to taste)
l/4 C SCD vegetable stock
l T fresh lemon juice
l/4 fresh Chedder cheese, shredded
l C SCD nut flour.
l. Cook lentils.
2. Saute onion, garlic, carrot until softened (l5 mins).
3. Add mushrooms & cook l0 mins more
4. Preheat oven 375.
5. Mash cooked lentils. Mixture should not be too smooth.
6. Combine lentil puree, onion, garlic, carrot & mushroom & the remaining ingredients together, EXCEPT lemon juice, cheese & bread crumbs. Spoon mixture into a well-greased casserole dish (medium) and sprinkle with lemon juice over it.
7. Bake 25 mins. and then sprinkle the cheese & nut bread crumbs over top.
Bake another 20 mins. Topping should be bubbling and golden brown.